Leading and Managing Change
|INTENT is the best at facilitating change at all levels.
An organisation that cannot respond to change will not remain competitive and employees who are not given a compelling reason to change will resist change. INTENT can provide consulting advice at any stage in a current change initiative to help you review your current progress, make recommendations and assist with implementation if required.
We have regularly worked with clients through the stages of a change.
- Compelling reason: identify why the organisation needs to change, plus the key performance improvements which the change is expected to deliver
- Who is doing what: advise on the implementation structures e.g. Steering Committee, improvement teams and roles required to successfully implement the change. LMC requires sustained effort; it is not a ‘when I get to it’ task. We train Steering Committee members and improvement teams to understand their roles and responsibilities and, work effectively as teams.
- Develop the vision and strategy: does the company have a clear vision which staff can identify with and link their effort to? Do they have line of sight between their work, the KPI’s and the vision?
- Communication: we help develop a communication plan which explains the reasons for change, prioritises risks to the change, identifies stakeholders and has milestones for progress and success. We can also assess the current organisation culture and identify how it may need to change.
- Staff involvement: ask people who do the work for their ideas on how to improve. Managers may need to learn to change their leadership practices i.e. consult rather than direct
- Get some wins: does the implementation plan identify some quick wins that sustain ongoing staff involvement?
- Consolidate the changes: set in place the new policies and work practices that sustain the changes even when the managers/leaders move on. Train staff in problem solving and continuous improvement tools.
We currently deliver the full range of leading and managing change advice, training and support to Fonterra across all its manufacturing sites as well as some if its centralised support functions. This work is in support of Fonterra’s ongoing Operations Excellence programme.
Contact us to discuss how we can assist you!